Forté Acts for 2022 Announced
The Forté Project has been working with young up and coming Welsh acts since 2015 and have just announced the ten acts selected for this year’s programme. The newly chosen music acts from across the country, cover multiple musical genres and will gain crucial skills, industry knowledge and will also be given opportunities to perform their music live at a series of unique events across the country.
The final ten acts are:
- Artshawty – Dreamy bedroom-pop from Cardiff
- Elin Grace – Classically trained folk-pop from Llandrindod Wells
- Elis Derby – Jagged Welsh language indie-rock from Y Felinheli, North Wales
- Fig. – Unique melancholic rap hailing from Caerphilly
- Kitty – Sugary sweet pop from Cardiff (via Paris!)
- Mali Hâf – Sultry bi-lingual neo-soul from Cardiff
- Ogun – Politically charged rap from Newport
- Only Rainyday Rainbow – Scuzzy art-school psychedelia from Swansea
- Skylrk – Erratic Welsh language hiphop from Caernarfon
- Sorry Stacy – Layered electronic-pop from Cardiff (via Estonia!)
Newsoundwales will be highlighting some of these acts in the year ahead so keep an eye out for interviews and features coming up in the months ahead.